Have a go at making your own grassy bug. Water it and it will continue to grow and grow …it might even need a hair cut. This project fits the themes in JoJo Gnome book 4 ‘Sow and Grow with JoJo Gnome’.
To make a grassy bug you will need:-
Old pair of tights or stockings
Card or paper
How to do it:-
- Cut tights into strips.
- Tie a knot at the end of the strip or tie with and elastic band
- Add some grass seed to what will be the top of the bug
- Fill the tights with compost and make a ball.
- Fix with and elastic band
- Repeat this making the ball smaller and smaller.
- Water the bug …and wait till the grass grows.
- Draw a face on card (and if possible laminate)
- Fix to the front of your bug.(I used a paperclip and hot glue gun)
- When the bug has grown enough hair …give him a funky hair cut!
- Remember to keep watering.
- Enjoy and have some fun.
You can also make a face in the same way … you need a small ball of compost for the nose and a larger one for the head.