JoJo Gnome’s STEM & Story Workshops for Nursery and P1/2
“One of the best things I’ve seen in school in a long time!” Heather Sudden, Principal Teacher St Benedict’s Primary, Glasgow.
Twitter @MrFeist – Great to see @JoJoGnome again today – first met her when she worked with the infants in @Elmvaleprimary and now that I’ve moved to @MossparkPS, I got to see her again! If you want an enthusiastic & inspirational author to visit your wee ones, @jojognomefun is the person!
We have 2 fantastic JoJo Gnome STEM & Story workshops to offer you this autumn 2021, in your primary school or nursery. The workshops have been designed to be interactive with children at their heart. The workshops give pupils the chance to be creative, as well as engage with the topics and stories. The workshops have been designed in a way that the learning experience keeps going after the workshop has finished.
The workshops will run September till November 2021.
Slots are limited… so book up soon. ‘In person’ sessions will be for schools based with in the Central belt area of Scotland (or reasonable travel from Glasgow). Travel out with the Glasgow area will have travel costs added. However there is an online (virtual) option, which is cheaper than the in person workshop.
Each workshop is designed for one class of 25 children. There are prices for a single workshop/ a morning session (2 w’shops)/ whole day. Sessions last 45mins approx.
These STEM & Story workshops for early years, map to the Early Level of the Curriculum for Excellence. Areas covered include Technology, Literacy (listening & talking), Science (forces and waves/ materials/ topical science), Expressive Arts and Numeracy & Mathematics (fractions/patterns/ information handling).
There is also the opportunity for some of the children to take part in a future JoJo Gnome Story Podcast (audio & drawings).
Please get in touch for more information about the content of each workshop.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and prices.
JoJo Gnome Loves Sounds
The book this literacy workshop is based around is JoJo Gnome and the Sound Machine.
- Create sound effects
- Guess sounds with JoJo Gnome
- Making sounds experimenting with ordinary objects.
- Listen to the story ‘JoJo Gnome & The Sound Machine’.
- Visit Sound Town and join in with how JoJo Gnome’s friends move to different sounds (drama/ movement).
- Meet JoJo Gnome ‘the puppet’.
- See how Jo digitally draws JoJo Gnome for her books and podcast.
- Receive a personalised JoJo Gnome drawing for the class.
- We will leave you with a ‘sounds’ story challenge to finish after the workshop. Have the work the children make displayed on the JoJo Gnome website and shared on JoJo’s social media accounts.
JoJo Gnome Loves Science
This workshop is based round the latest JoJo Gnome Book (released October 2021) JoJo Gnome Loves Science
- Listen to the story JoJo Gnome Loves Science
- Meet different kinds of scientists and help them do their experiments (drama/ movement)
- Help JoJo Gnome find the best materials to build his boat
- Test out some of the experiments in the story
- Help JoJo Gnome sort out his toys. (shape/ noise/ purpose)
- Finish off a story by creating your own ending.
- Meet JoJo Gnome – the puppet.
- Have your own JoJo Gnome drawing for the class created digitally at the workshop by Jo Hall.
- We will leave you with a post workshop story challenge. Have your work displayed on JoJo Gnome’s website.
Please email email@example.com for more information.
Comments from teachers about past workshops
“I have had the pleasure of doing several workshops with Jo. Her workshops are exciting and engaging and I am always blown away by how much she achieves in such a short period of time.” (Rachel Allen Primary Teacher, Strathblane, Scotland)
“Thank you to JoJo Gnome for an inspirational week of digital literacy exploration. Through social media we were captivated into a world of imagination and adventure. The pinnacle was when JoJo Gnome & the Sound Machine came to nursery for the day to finish our stories and make movies together. Haste ye back! “(Kate O’Neill, Head of Cornton Nursery, Stirling, Scotland)
Please note: Cancellations fees will apply